Debbie Fins presents programs on caregiving and planning statewide for various organizations. Debbie and Susan Ritz both present to practitioners and laypersons on issues regarding Aging Life Care™ Management, planning, caregiving, end-of-life care, and other relevant topics. Debbie has also provided clinical supervision to professionals seeking social work licensure and is often sought as a mentor by other Aging Life Care Professionals™. She has taught certification training sessions on Entitlements, Benefits and Legal Issues for the National Academy of Certified Care Managers
Among Debbie’s recent presentations:
- ABC’s of Elder Care — What’s Out There to Help You Stay at Home?
- Advanced Planning for Your Business — What to Do If There’s an Emergency?
- Appealing a Discharge Plan or Denial of Insurance Coverage
- Basic Benefits — Overview of Subsidized Services for Frail Elders in the Community and How to Access
- Caring for Elders — The Role of the Jewish Community
- Choosing a Nursing Home
- Consultation and Program Development
- Conversations that Matter — Planning for End of Life Care
- Family Care Contracts
- Making Difficult Decisions as Caregivers — One Family’s Journey in Caregiving
- Making Medical Decisions for Others
- Siblings Caring for Parents
- Stresses of Caregiving
- Supporting Families Facing Alzheimer’s
- What is an Aging Life Care Professional™?